Friday 14 October 2011

Ghost the Musical

On Wednesday we went to see Ghost at the Piccadilly theatre! I thought it would be a good opportunity to use my theatre tokens but to cut a long story short the £10 and £5 didn't work :( Anyway.... we got £25 tickets which was really good and we were sitting second row from the back in the stalls. We had 4 hours to kill so we went to Ripley's Believe it or Not which was really cool, especially the mirror maze (it took us a very long time to get out of there!) Back at the theatre we sat in our seats and were a bit worried we wouldn't be able to see because the tabs have Sam and Molly's face on them (the two main characters) and we could only see up to their noses because the bottom of the dress circle was in the way but when the show started it was actually fine. My view of the show was that some of it was really good but other bits were not good. The technical aspects of the show were amazing but the AV was quite distracting and at times I found myself watching that and not the actors. When people died it was very clever but I'll say no more because I don't want to ruin it. Sharon D Clarke was the star for me, every scene with her was so funny! In my opinion some of the songs were a bit random and if I had listened to them and not know they were from Ghost I would have thought they were from different musicals.
Because we were right at the back we were sitting next to the head of sound so we were talking to him and he is going to send us the sound spec for our essays. So obviously I'm doing my essay on Ghost now (which means I was writing notes all the way through The Wizard of Oz for nothing, but oh well!)
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment