Sunday 6 June 2010

Britains Got Bhangra

I went to see Britains Got Bhangra on 29th May at the Warwick Arts Centre in Coventry. The show opened with a bhangra version of 'twinkle twinkle little star' which I will admit did make me giggle a bit! But then came the dancers who were absolutely amazing! I think there were about 11 people in the cast and they all obiously worked very hard because the show was incredibly energetic! The costumes were beautiful too! The scenery was interesting because every now and then you would see a dark figure walking across the roof of the shops (which were part of the set) to change one of the shop signs! Also, you could see hands quite often pulling down bits of fabric from the stage into the wings but maybe I only noticed these things because I want to work bacstage so I kind of concentrate on everything technical that happens??? Overall the show was fantastic despite not knowing what the actors were saying half the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment