Monday 22 February 2010

Lion King Broadway/West End

This was my first ever show on Broadway and I'm probably being biased but I think the West End is much more friendly. My first impression of Broadway was having my bag checked by security to make sure I was not 'smuggling' and food or dring into the theatre. I know you're not supposed to even in the West End but they just go with it. I also found out the hard way that you are not allowed to take photos before the performance when an usher threatened to take my camera off me! I wasn't even thaking photo's of the set or anything, just me and my friends! Anyway, now rant is over i will get on with the review...
The Circle Of Life is always amazing with the animals on stage especially the elephant! The Morning Report always annoys me and I don't know why, it's just one of those songs! The boy who played young Simba was a better actor than the one I saw in the West End (but this may be because he had an American accent like Simba in the film which i'm used to watching). The children in it always seem to be amazingly talented which showed in I Just Can't Wait To Be king. I love Chow Down just because I think Shenzi is always hilarious! I couldn't decide which Shenzi was better (US or UK) because they were both quite different although at first I thought UK. both my friends were trying so hard not to sing along with Hakuna Matata which was rther amusing! I always forget about Shadow Land which is really bad because I love that song! I also love Endless Night and He Lives In You (which was in my head all day before the show and all of the day after the show!) and Simba was better than in the UK although it was weird at first because in the UK he had an African accent and this time he had an American accent. In King Of Pride Rock/The Circle Of Life Reprise I was sad because I knew it was nearly finished! All the people I was with really enjoyed the show although only a few of us stood up at the end so I looked like a right plonker XD

No comments:

Post a Comment